Bubbles on the pool bottom

midtngal

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Nashville, TN
What would cause there to be what appears to be air bubbles on the bottom? When I run my foot over it, it moves. I just noticed this tonight. I'm the only one that's been in the pool since Memorial Day and I hadn't noticed it before now. It hasn't over-flowed so unless there's a leak, it's not water. Do I need to be concerned? Could this be a problem?:confused:

TIA

Hmmm...just now seeing this ..thanks for responding! We've had a bit of rain but not more than usual. The pool hasn't even come close to overflowing. The more I feel around them, it does seem like it's water bubbles. It doesn't look like they're getting bigger either. There's just several small places. I may see if I can get a pic of them for reference. I'll post them if I can get some good ones.

If your pool isn't leaking its probably ground water. How long have you had this pool?

Hmm...hadn't thought of that...could be... Although I've had the pool 7 years now, it's only been 2 or 3 years since I had to have the liner replaced and the walls foamed due to rust in a section of the wall. THAT was due to the pi**-poor builder I chose! A different pool builder fixed it and supposedly fixed whatever it was that the first builder didn't do around the skimmer that caused the wall to rust through the liner. I had them recoat the bottom because there were shoe prints in it that drove me crazy! :) And, of course, now that 2nd builder is out of business!

I don't think it's leaking...no water loss. Couldn't get pics tonight...it's raining. I hope to tommorow. Thanks for your input!

Okay...I was able to get a pic tonight. I guess one day I'll figure out how to keep my pics from being sooo BIG! :)

pool bottom.jpg

Anything outside of the ring has always been there. At least it's not shoe prints! :)

So, what's the consensus? Bugs? Normal? A problem that's only going to get worse?

TIA!!

I suspect you have ground water. In those amounts it probably is not a problem. However:

You already had a rust problem so this means your rusting issues are going to continue.

If it gets worse you might consider drilling a dry well outside the pool and putting in a sump pump to dry out the area. If it gets really bad you may need a french drain as well as a sump pump.

You need to see what happens in the winter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I suspect you have ground water. In those amounts it probably is not a problem. However:

You already had a rust problem so this means your rusting issues are going to continue.

If it gets worse you might consider drilling a dry well outside the pool and putting in a sump pump to dry out the area. If it gets really bad you may need a french drain as well as a sump pump.

You need to see what happens in the winter.

Thanks gwegan! It doesn't appear to be getting any worse, or better for that matter. When I had the rust issue, they sanded down the parts of the wall that were rusted and then foamed all the walls as well as fixed the issue at the skimmer. They explained to me that rust would never be a problem again. Was that just a lie?

Not a lie more of a hope

Look. Your walls are made of Medal so unless it's high grade stainless it's going to eventually rust. The foam will likely significantly retard the process. But water oxygen and iron eventually equals rust.

Not a lie more of a hope

Look. Your walls are made of Medal so unless it's high grade stainless it's going to eventually rust. The foam will likely significantly retard the process. But water oxygen and iron eventually equals rust.

That's true, I guess. Sure do hope it's a while before it happens though.

Thanks for the help all....guess I'll just keep a watchful eye on things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.