Help Needed Choosing Bleach

Jul 2, 2015
San Jose, CA
Hi everyone!
I'm trying to switch from using chlorine purchased from the local pool store to bleach from the local supermarket.
I understand that I need to find 'Regular' bleach with no additives. I didn't think that would be a problem until I visited the local supermarket. I had no idea how many variations of bleach are available and I'm a little confused.
I have 2 products:
The first is Concentrated Clorox Regular Bleach.
The active ingredients listed are:
Sodium Hypochlorite: 8.25%
OTHER: 91.75%

The second is Great Value Easy Pour Bleach.
The label states that it contains Sodium Hypochlorite and contains NO Phosphorus
It doesn't list the percentage like the Clorox brand
What makes me nervous about this product is the label that states 'Low-Splash Formula'.
This leads me to believe that there might be additives that aren't necessary or good for use with a pool.

I'm also concerned with the 'OTHER' ingredients listed for the Clorox brand.

So my question is: Can I use either or both of these products or are they both not appropriate for use with a pool.
Any advice/links/product info is appreciated.

thanks!

Thanks Patrick!
Good to be here.

- - - Updated - - -

Dittos on what they said. plain old 8.25 % bleach, no splashless ,no scented, etc. The great value plain bleach and Clorox are 8.25%. I might add, check the date on the bleach, as it will lose strength over time. Most stores usually have a fresh supply, but it's always prudent to check.
That's good to know. Will do.
Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.