LifeTime Supporter
Oct 4, 2014
Villa Park, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool Math needs to have the Suggested FC Shock Levels results field expanded. It’s truncating the LSD. Try this:

FC 6
pH 7.6
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 40​

Suggested FC Levels results:

SWG: 2
Normal: 3
Shock: 15
Mustard Algae Shock: 24​

Now increase CYA to 300:

SWG: 14
Normal: 23
Shock: 11
Mustard Algae Shock: 15​

If you mouse over the shock fields, the detail box correctly shows 3 digits. This happens with both IE11 & Chrome.

Seeing as how we do not recommend to slam a pool with CYA levels that high I don't think the truncated numbers are a problem at this point, however I will pass the information along to our administrator. Thank you for your concern.

No, it doesn't need expansion. Triple digit Cya levels for SLAM aren't even worth discussing much less changing the code in Pool Math over.

I would respectfully disagree here. As an computer engineer who deals with overflow conditions occasionally, if the field showed "Error" or "N/A" or even "99", that would be fine, as it would be obvious that it was an unsupported SLAM case and lead to the user doing more investigation. But reporting a number that looks valid could lead someone to use it unknowingly, thinking how easy this SLAM should be, but when it doesn't work worst case getting frustrated and abandoning our methods altogether.

Just MHO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.