Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubblers

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubblers

Looking to put a sun deck on our bid and one potential PB has the pent air bubblers on his vinyl pool and they look sweet. I have two questions.

1 what are the odds water gets behind the liner where the bubbler is mounted?

2. Any cheaper options that don't have lights ?

thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubblers

I don't know of any blubbers for sun shelf's without lights. There may be. Ask the PB if he knows of any. They are expensive. As to getting behind the liner its the same as with any other penetration of the liner -- as long as the work is properly done its usually fine.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

We are patiently waiting to start construction on our vinyl pool. Our sun deck will be 20' x 6' and will have two bubblers with lights. The cost for two was $700. I'm trying to remember the brand.

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked it up and they are made by Brilliant Wonders LED bubblers. They have a website. Good luck!
    20x44x30 L shape Only Alpha with 6' sun deck with 2 bubblers, 350k heater, 1 1/2 HP and SWG. Dolphin Nautilus Plus. Estimated construction start time is beginning of Aug.

4. Back To Top    #4

I noticed lots of builds have bubblers. What exactly are they for - to circulate the water?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

We have a bubbler on our shelf. They are simply another return but on the floor of the shelf. It is plumbed in with the other 3 returns in the wall and there is a 3 way valve to adjust height of bubbler water.

- - - Updated - - -

The bubbler return is on the right. The thing on the left is just an umbrella sleeve
    10k gallon freeform, 3.5-5ft, Jandy 2 speed 1.5HP, Jandy 200sq/ft cartridge, Jandy watercolor LED, 600sq/ft Travertine Decking, 12x7 ledge w/bubbler and umbrella sleeve, 100ft of baby fence with self closing gate, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite w/ablalone shells, Build Start 5/27/15 and completed on 7/15/15.

6. Back To Top    #6

Okay. Thanks. Was just curious.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

7. Back To Top    #7

Do bubblers also add a little bit of water noise for those not choosing to have other water features? That would be a positive in my mind.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

8. Back To Top    #8

It's not just the bubblers being expensive- they are but the electrical runs and transformers and connection fees are the same cost as the bubblers itself.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    Do bubblers also add a little bit of water noise for those not choosing to have other water features? That would be a positive in my mind.
    Yes they add a good amount of noise depending on how high you have the flow set
    10k gallon freeform, 3.5-5ft, Jandy 2 speed 1.5HP, Jandy 200sq/ft cartridge, Jandy watercolor LED, 600sq/ft Travertine Decking, 12x7 ledge w/bubbler and umbrella sleeve, 100ft of baby fence with self closing gate, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite w/ablalone shells, Build Start 5/27/15 and completed on 7/15/15.