Cartridge not filtering the small stuff

Kkarrj

Jul 16, 2015
Lyme, CT
I have a lot of trees and bugs. They breakdown on the bottom, I vaccuum them up and they come right back out through the jet. I cleaned the filter before vacuuming and after. Also the housing the filter sits in has some of the small stuff in the bottom when I pull out the cartridge...I had thus problem last year and we concluded the filter housing wasn't tightened enough. Now I have no clue and it's annoying vacuuming what I already vaccuumed!

Any ideas?

is the filter itself intact? are there any holes or tears or seperation.. there should be no way for anything bigger than 3 to 10 microns coming back into your pool.. I dont know about you but I can not see what 3 microns is :)

Also, check air purge screen and tube in the filter. If the screen came off the tube it will allow small debris through.

I have no idea what that is!?!

As far as I can tell there are no tears or rips and it seems fully intact.

I just looked at your manual and this filter does not look like it has that tube.. The pentair filters have a tube down the middle with a screen on top to allow water to flow even if the filters are completely clogged.

your filter has to have some kind of bypass but i can not find it in the manual

I use a hose with a nozzle like they talked about on another thread and I recently tried using tsp and that did make a difference. I wondered about calcium or lime scale because I have well water but can that build up from rinsing? I had no idea there were cleaning solutions made just for the filter I'll check it out thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.