filter pump

Live4Color

Sep 3, 2014
Milton/ga
We replaced our Filter Pump motor in December. Now our pool skimmers don't work so well and the two fountains flowing from the spa don't have the same arc they had before. I've discussed my concern that the pump is not functioning well with the company who installed it. The motor is under warrenty for 1 year. What can I do to prove to them it's not functionng properly? Thank you for your help. It would have been wiser to buy it and install it myself, but I was out of town at the time the old pump died and the weather conditions were freezing. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Did they replace the impeller when they replaced the motor? That's about the only way it would make much difference in the amount of flow.
What was the filter pressure before they replaced the motor? And after?

The filter pressure rising indicates that the pump is actually doing a better job than it was previously. I'd suspect the filter needs a good cleaning. When was the last time it was torn down and cleaned really well? DE filters have a tendency to build up DE and increase head over time.

You should tear it down and clean it at least every year, and you may need to have it done more often depending on how often you backwash and recharge it.
Also, when it's backwashed you should only be adding about 80% of the DE of a new charge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.