Need some help with 3 way diverter valve knowledge

Aug 8, 2014
Menifee/CA
OK, I had some cheap generic valves that I don't see lasting very long, as one of them is already having an issue with the handle. It's an easy swap out for me, but I'm a little confused right now.

I bought pentair model 263026 (Pentair Compool Lube-Free Diverter Valve 3 Port CPVC 2"-2.5" )

The issue is that the current valves I have operate in a 360 degree rotation so that all 3 ports can be closed. These only close two outlets, but don't close the 90 degree feed. See pic if I'm confusing you. The handle will turn 180 degree.

01_zpsx1gvlo16.png

Do I need to unscrew it and re-position the handle so that the other port will close? I just wanted to see if this was standard, or if I bought something that's possibly defective. Reason being, I bought these off ebay, and trying make sure everything is ok with them, as I got a really good deal on them so I figured it was worth a shot.

Hi Godfather? Yes, you can take the guts out and reposition it so that you can set the valves to close any ports you wish. But the easier way to change the way the valves turn is to remove the little knobs that are set in the holes around the valve top. They pull out and allow the valve to move anyway you want. There are 2 knobs in each valve covers

Hi Godfather? Yes, you can take the guts out and reposition it so that you can set the valves to close any ports you wish. But the easier way to change the way the valves turn is to remove the little knobs that are set in the holes around the valve top. They pull out and allow the valve to move anyway you want. There are 2 knobs in each valve covers

Aha! The little knobs pop out, I see now.

Thanks a ton old man!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.