Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Structural Maintenance?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question AGP Structural Maintenance?

Hey Everyone,

So thanks to this site and the many many other resources online I think Iíve at the very least got my chemistry down and my pool has been doing great this summer. I havenít been basically sprinkling cash into the water like my first year. One thing I canít find too much info on is maintaining the structure of the pool itself. What should I be doing, if anything, to make sure this thing doesnít fall down one day? Is there a point after replacing the liner a few times that putting up a new frame is just necessary?

Thanks in advance!
    18x33' AGP
    Hayward S180T Sand Filter w/ 75lbs ZeoSand
    Hayward PowerFlo 1HP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP Structural Maintenance?

Interesting question. My pool turned 1 in March so I ma not in the best position to provide guidance on replacing the frame. I have read a few forum posts and it seems that each time people replace their liner, they inspect the uprights and track for rust. If they find any, they either get the Rustoleum or order new parts. Rust is usually found around the skimmer and where the tracks come in contact with the sandy ground. The name brand pools seem to last 10-30 years. If my pool lasts 10 years, I will be thrilled and feel that I more than got what I paid for.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

3. Back To Top    #3

This is my first year owning a pool so not going to be much help but i would think just like anything else no matter what you do sooner or later your going to have to replace some if not all of the main structure. But ill stick around to see what other ideas are tossed in here.
    Intex AG metal frame vinyl sides 10,400 gal. 3000 gph intex pump with 16" sand filter
    My Slam

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Do you have good drainage around the outside of your pool floor? Even if you have no metal, it seems like bad things tend to happen when your pool sits in water.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Good point Duraleigh. When my pool was installed they left a trench around the pool for me to fill in, or so I thought. I filled it with dirt and moved on. What I should have done was gotten some drainage pipe and put it in there and then covered it. I have had some soil shift because the rain water runs under the pool, not around it. Nothing that I cannot live with until a liner replacement is required but...live and learn.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).