Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG goes to 0%...

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG goes to 0%...

Leaving for vacation tonight- thought I was all set with my SWG. Wake up this am to find that it is at 0% chlorine production. I've had it set at 75% and no one touches the controls but me. It wouldn't even register on my Aqualink remote. I had to manually turn off the system, restart it, and then it registered again and I was able to reset it back up to 75%. This is the second time it happened in the past few weeks- 1st time I assumed it was a fluke.
    My question, as I am new to this SWG, : is it supposed to do this? If I have it set at 75% will it automatically change to 0% to control the chlorine production? Will it have gone back up to 75% on it's own had I just waited? The concern is that it wouldn't even register on the remote- didn't even say 0% it was like it wasn't even connected at all. WOndering if anyone else has this SWG (Nature fusion) and can tell me if this is normal for it to happen.
    See specs below.
    Inground Pool Completed April 2015
    Salt Water Generator- Nature 2 Fusion Soft
    33,500 gallons, Gunite/White Plaster
    Cartridge Filtration
    Heat Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG goes to 0%...

Hi Jim,
    They arent supposed to do that I dont think. I would suggest first, to look over the owners manual to see if it says anything about that.
    I wouldn't know begin to know what might make it do that.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I doubt it would set itself to 0% because it has no way to determine what chlorine production is...it doesn't have a real time sensor for determining chlorination to my knowledge. 75% production is just a theoretical duty cycle depending on salination and the electrical current the unit supplies through the cell...I don't think the unit is closed loop to detect the actual output and adjust the voltage regulator.

So..
    I would be looking at possibly the unit is receiving spurious signal from your handheld or some other rf interference...only assuming the handheld uses rf and not Bluetooth or wireless. Have you tried unlinking the hand held and just using the controller to set the setpoint and see if it sticks?

Caveat...I don't have one of these units and just quickly scanned the pdf manual.
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    SWG
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

stupid question, but is it just showing 0% since your pump is off and there is no flow going thru the SWCG? have you tried seeing what happens when you turn on the pump? dumb question maybe, but didn't know if controller is showing actual production in real time. if system is off, obviously its 0
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

5. Back To Top    #5

no it's while the pump is on.
    Inground Pool Completed April 2015
    Salt Water Generator- Nature 2 Fusion Soft
    33,500 gallons, Gunite/White Plaster
    Cartridge Filtration
    Heat Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Are you sure that you aren't just catching it in the 25% of the time that it would be not running?

The 75% value doesn't mean that it runs at 75% capacity 100% of the time, it really runs 75% of the time at 100% (45 minutes) and 25% of the time at 0% (15 minutes) out of the hour.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

could it be wrown outs? If your power is going of for .5 seconds could that be throwing it for a loop and it kinda resets itself and drops to 0%?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **