Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding bleach at night..do I need to run the filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding bleach at night..do I need to run the filter?

I run the filter daily from 8am to 8pm. I added bleach to my pool tonight for the first time ever! Do I need to run the filter during to circulate the bleach? I've read that it is better to add bleach at night so that it can work at full strength throughout the night. I am wondering if I need to adjust my filter schedule. Thank you!
    19k gallon, in ground pool w/ raised spa, gunite, pebble sheen, Hayward Ecostar VSP, Hayward swim clear cartridge filter, Pentair rainbow chlorine feeder, Polaris vacuum w/ booster pump, Hayward gas heater, travertine coping, stamped concrete decking, sheer descents water features w/ Hayward Tristar pump, groundbreaking: March 2015, initial water fill: May 2015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding bleach at night..do I need to run the filter?

Yes. Half an hour should be plenty. Brushing will speed it up.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adding bleach at night..do I need to run the filter?

Thank you!