Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BrianC636 - New member from Missouri

1. Back To Top    #1

BrianC636 - New member from Missouri

Greetings fellow pool-tenders!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone since I found this site while looking for solutions for our chemical situation.

We are new pool owners, (I personally finished up the install about 2 weeks ago) and are about 12 days into caring for our pool. I cam here to learn what I need to know to make caring for it as easy as possible without having to rely on the "pool store" to sell me something every time I'm in there.

I look forward to learning from all of you as well as sharing some things about me as well.

Brian
    Quest 18' x 54" Round Semi-Inground, Hayward 1.5HP pump with Hayward Xtreme 150sq ft Cartridge Filter and Aquabot Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BrianC636 - New member from Missouri

Hey there Brian Welcome to TFPC.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Here are some Pool School articles to get you started.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Here are some Pool School articles to get you started.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Thanks Pooldv! Those articles are what encouraged me to join the forum.
    Quest 18' x 54" Round Semi-Inground, Hayward 1.5HP pump with Hayward Xtreme 150sq ft Cartridge Filter and Aquabot Rover Jr.

5. Back To Top    #5

Brian! I have another link for you! It is MY fav of them all! Pool Math! It does all of the thinking for you on what to add and how much!

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Have you thought about getting your own test kit? I found once I had my own it spent a LOT less money because I NEVER had to go in the pool store again! HAH! Now I get all of my pool stuff from Walmart and ACE Hardware!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Kim - thanks for the reminder! I have a TF-100 kit on the way! It should be here on Saturday and I'll be excited to see what some of the real time results are on our water. It's extremely clear at the moment however I'm always worried it's going to be off and won't be able to catch it in time.

7. Back To Top    #7

What have you been using to get chlorine in your pool so far? I am so glad it is clear! That makes life so nice!

You will LOVE that test kit! It is SO much easier and cheaper!

Have you found the videos on how to do the tests? Let me know and I can shoot you the link.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

BrianC636 - New member from Missouri

Kim - we watched the videos the other night when I ordered the kit.

I have a little floating thing with about 10-12 pellets in it. When we opened the pool we also bought some Synergy Clear kit that had the pellets and something else with it from the pool store. I wasn't there but it's what the wife came home with ($400 bucks later). Lol

9. Back To Top    #9

OUCH! NO more pool store for you! LOL

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

I hope not either! I'm having to add a couple of inches of water today to the pool just because of heat we've had, hopefully everything will be ok until Saturday when the kit gets here and we can check it.

11. Back To Top    #11

Brian you can get a little 2 piece test kit from Walmart for about $10 bucks. It will test the FC (free chlorine) up to 5 and PH. With this you can make sure it does not go greeen on you.

Just thought I would let you know about this.

kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks Kim! Our FC is currently around 3 and we have tablets floating in the pool now so we should be ok. "Fingers crossed". Lol

13. Back To Top    #13

Got ya covered!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville View Post
    Welcome to TFP!
    Thank you BoDarville.

My TF-100 kit gets here tomorrow. I'm so excited to see where we are at on numbers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437191531.353493.jpg

Here is our pool water currently. B

16. Back To Top    #16

GREAT view! I can just see your on a float with a drink in your hand looking out over the grass.

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

Lol, nah. I usually the one mowing the 12 acre yard while everyone else enjoys the pool.

18. Back To Top    #18

Wow, that is great! Nice pool! Nice view! Nice property! Nice water! Good stuff!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

19. Back To Top    #19

What do you mow with? I thought I had it bad with 6.5 acres. I break it up into two parts-house and pasture. I have a 48 inch cut Husky that is FAST! I bought it for the speed! Don't go full speed and turn it sharp! You WILL come off!

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

I have a grasshopper 722D with a 61" deck and the Kabota diesel. It takes me around 4.5 hours in total but looks good when it's done.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437247439.528662.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast