Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally got the TA down, but now algae

1. Back To Top    #1

Ontario Canada

Finally got the TA down, but now algae

Been aerating my pool like crazy for a few weeks and am finally successful at bringing the TA into range, but now seem to have algae coating the walls and floor of the pool. Will SLAM it, but since I have had the jets all facing up was I compromising the water filtration? Also, now that my TA is in range do I need to monitor it as closely? Will it remain within range? Cheers.
    28000 gal in-ground, vinyl liner, Hayward Sand filter, 1 hp Sta-Rite pump single speed I think, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Finally got the TA down, but now algae

Algae growing is nearly always caused by chlorine level dropping below minimum for your CYA level, Chlorine CYA Chart. It is important to keep chlorine at target level at all times.

Congrats on getting your TA down, that should help stabilize your PH.

Now, it is time to Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain your pool to get rid of the algae.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach