Please help.

MOM&POP DIY

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2009
Oh my, I think we have made a huge mistake. We hired a professional to put the bottom in the pool. We talked with him, and got references - all excellent. He is contracted by local pool companies to do their bottoms..... We accept responsibility for error - but bottom line, we now have a concrete bottom in our pool. 4000 psi concrete. The concrete company says that is the standard in this area. I have noted on a local pool company's website that they too use concrete, but wow.....

How bad is this? He assures us that when he has "stone finished'' the bottom, it will be smooth as silk. Will this work for a vinyl liner pool? Should we cover this with the vermiculite mixture? Should we just throw the dirt back in and forget it?

Mom&Pop

Our's was a two stage concrete bottom. The first stage looked pretty rough. The second stage was very smooth. Before they dropped the liner they went around with ice scappers and grindders
to make sure there was no sharpe bumps.

Whew....you all are making me feel alot better. All had been smooth sailing until this came up. Now, I am worried how long it can safely sit - it has turned very cold here 40's - and we have to wait for the weather to warm before placing the liner.

Again - many, many thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.