I've been lurking here and have found this very useful. I've got my chemicals mostly balanced - still having a little problem with chlorine, but I'm working on it. A few days ago however we got brilliant and added an algaecide to the pool (purchased at Sam's) because we had growing algae. I know, I know. Anyway, the algaecide killed the algae - so now the pool is bright, crystal clear... emerald green. The water went green. There's no algae, but this green color.
I've read enough to suspect this is copper. So my question, which I can't seem to find anywhere - how do you get rid of copper from the pool? (BTW I added chlorine the day after we added algaecide, as chlorine levels were low.)
I know, not a lot to go on, but is this a "wait until it filters out" (don't think so), "drain the pool" (hope not), or "add _X_ chemical [sequestrant? chleating? dumb here] and vacuum" (hope so!)
Thanks for any help.