Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just bought a Summer Escapes pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Virginia city, Nevada

Just bought a Summer Escapes pool

I just bought a Summer Escapes pool that is 12'x30" and holds approximately 1,586 gallons of water, I have bought chlorine tablets and a two way test kit besides new filters when needed is there anything else I'm going to need to keep this pool clean?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just bought a Summer Escapes pool

Most will tell you to get a better testing kit and not use tabs but just liquid bleach after you do a one time add of some stabilizer. However, if you choose to use tabs which will raise your Cya over time to unmanageable levels it won't be as much of an issue for you to do a drain and refill as that's the only way to lower cya.

Read the pool school links and specifically how to manage a small pool.

And welcome!
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Just bought a Summer Escapes pool

Yes, read this

Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools

If you want to get your feet wet, so to speak, on the topic of pool management, this is a good way to start.

Also, you can wash (with garden hose) the filters and reuse them a number of times - the throw away and replace instruction seems more geared to make money for the manufacturer than anything else.
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits