Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner size and type?

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner size and type?

My pool is 38000 gal IG and I am interested in using a Stenner pump for my daily liquid Chlorine dose. I run my pump for 5 hours in the summer and 4 hours in the winter. The pump is a Maxi Glass 2 HP single speed. My current hot weather Chlorine usage is about 1/2 Gallon a day. Not sure about the winter, since I just started using the TFP method about 6 weeks ago. I will be wiring the pump to my EasyTouch 8 system. My question is, what size and type Stenner pump would work best for my situation? Also, tank size. 220 V would be my preferred voltage. Thanks.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner size and type?

I have a Stenner 45mp2, 15gallon tank wired to ET8. I run my pump 4 times per day via ET8 ( 1.5 hours each time ). I divide my Stenner schedule ( about 15 minutes each time ) with pump run times to maintain constant FC ( well best I can ). I am about 50 oz. of 8.25% bleach per day with CYA of 30ish, maintaining 5ppm FC. Get a fixed pump so that you can control run times with your ET8. Do you have the Easytouch remote control? I hooked mine up so I can use the bottom button on remote to turn Stenner on if demand calls for it. I think it was the aux 7 I hooked up to in ET8 box that controls that button.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd recommend the 10 gallon per day pump, Stenner 45MPHP10, and also the 15 gal tank. My pool is 33k gallons and I dose 3 times per day for about 15-20 minutes per dose. I'm hoping the pump will last a long time running less than an hour a day.
    20x40 in-ground Bella Blue Pebble Fina pool w/diving board, 1 HP Hayward Superpump, Raypak RP2100 335k BTU NG mV heater, Pentair Quad DE 60 filter, Pentair 261173 multi-port valve, Stenner 45MPHP10 pump w/15 gal tank, Intermatic ET1125CR dual electronic timer, 1.5" lines, two skimmers w/socks, Poolskim, vacuum line, ColorQ Pro 7 kit, TF-100 kit, speedstir, 2 froglogs, Dolphin Discovery Robot. Wine is the answer, what was the question?

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies. The 10 GPD pump would appear to suit my needs, as I would only have to run the pump for 72 min to get my 1/2 gallon dispensed. Would I be better off to get an assembled pump/tank or buy the pump and tank separate? Also, what is recommended, the gray tank or the white one?
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

5. Back To Top    #5

The Stenner pump and tank setup is easy to assemble and you don't have to worry about mounting the pump, but it's up to you as to whether that's a concern.

The gray tank will protect the bleach from degradation a little better than the white one if it's out in the sun.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    The Stenner pump and tank setup is easy to assemble and you don't have to worry about mounting the pump, but it's up to you as to whether that's a concern.

The gray tank will protect the bleach from degradation a little better than the white one if it's out in the sun.
    Gray tank it is then, because the shadiest location I have for it still gets a couple of hours of sunlight. One more question, is the 1/4" or 3/8" tubing preferred. I did at one time have a rainbow 320 puck chlorinater installed but removed it a while back. I still have a hole in my return which is plugged with some of the remnants of the old clorinator. I do not know what size hole is there.

7. Back To Top    #7

The ¼" tubing is fine. Just get the black UV resistant tubing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks all, will start shopping now for the best price now that I know what to get.

9. Back To Top    #9

8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

10. Back To Top    #10

Just ordered my Stenner yesterday and am starting some pre-installation planning. Does anyone know how long the power cord is (120 V version)? Just wanted to know the length to see if I can wire the power cord directly into my EasyTouch or if I need to install a junction box. Also, does anyone know if cutting off the plug on the Stenner pump will void the warantee? I can't seem to find the answers to either question on the Stenner web site. Thanks!

11. Back To Top    #11

Cord is 6 foot long.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

12. Back To Top    #12

I would think if you cut the cord it would void warranty. I mounted mine just close enough to run cord ( uncut ) through one of the knockouts on the bottom of my EasyTouch box. I then hooked a standard plug up to aux7 and plugged Stenner to that. That is how I have remote on my wireless handheld device.

13. Back To Top    #13

Yeah if you cut the cord it voids the warranty.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks for all the replies. 6' is just short of what I need to get the plug into my EasyTouch, so I will have to install a Jbox with some sort of weatherproof connector for the plug. Sigh.