Advice needed after few days filling up and stopping

May 24, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Took a few days to fill up the pool about approx 10k. I had to stop a 1-2 day so I can install the hayward skimmer. Found out the kids jump in the pool while I was working that afternoon and by the time I got home it was too late to do anything (testing+chemical). I have an intex Chlorinator and have the bags of salt ready to add. Can I continue the process which is add salt, run sandfilter pump 24hrs and then run the salt Chlorinator in boost mode?

Should I add the chlorine and stabylizer first or after I complete the salt water process. I do have the taylor test kit. The water looks clear.

Any help is appreciated as time is not on my side and i'm heading home soon before I need to pick up my 1yr which won't give me any free time until 11pm.

Hello Las Vegas! New water needs stabilizer ASAP - especially in your area. :sun:. So definitely get stabilizer in there right away to protect your chlorine. SWG systems ideally run with a CYA level of 70-80. You can add the salt and get the SWG prepared to operate, but in the meantime you may need to manually add some liquid bleach to increase your FC to a reasonable level. I'd say keep your FC at about 3-5 ppm for now until things get going. Also make sure your PH is between 7.2-7.8 for everyone's skin and eyes.

That's the initial stuff for now. You'll receive more input later from other members. Have a great "cool" Vegas day.

- - - Updated - - -

The Poolmath calculator Poolmath calculator can assist you with specific amounts of chemicals to add.

CYA and chlorine NOW please. They can be done at the same time.

CYA in a sock hanging over the side in front of the return.

Chlorine added to fit the CYA/FC chart as if your CYA is already in there at your targeted level. Here is a great chart to help you know what your levels should be.

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

When you can check your levels and post them up so we can get the water balanced for those kids!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.