What is the correct location of the High Limit sensors on a Jandy LXI 400 Heater?

Jul 13, 2015
Charlotte/NC
I got a high limit error on my Jandy LXI 400N heater. It is 5 years old and I've read on these forums it is a relatively common repair and a complete harness with both sensors was only $32 on Amazon Prime so I ordered it. I went to replace it today and I noticed that the existing sensors appear to be in the wrong location. The exploded view in the manual isn't completely clear but I did see a picture of this forum that is different from mine. The water supply had to be switched so it is possible the installer put them in the wrong locations. This is my installation.

High Limit Switches_sm.jpg

There is plug in the empty socket.

empty hole.jpg

This is the picture from another forum posting. This looks closer to the exploded parts diagram.

High Limit switch pic from TroubleFree Forum.jpg

A couple of questions:

1. Which one is correct. I think the Forum posting is correct. Do I just move the plug to the other socket?
2. Which one is the 150C sensor? A or B?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Regards,

LeeDock

Attachments

• High Limit switch pic from TroubleFree Forum.jpg
    High Limit switch pic from TroubleFree Forum.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 94
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.