Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this Mustard Algae?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this Mustard Algae?

The picture is really hard to see. It is on the walls in the shade and sun side (it does not get much shade), it brushes off without much effort, the chemical levels have been at normal range all year and water is crystal clear. I will brush it off and it will reappear in a day or two.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    600 sq. ft. 18'3" X 40'0" 25K gal Gunite Pool
    1&1/2 HP pump, 48 S.F D.E filter, Polaris 360 cleaning robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this Mustard Algae?

I find it hard to tell from the pic. But even it is Mustard algae, it would still require a Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain before going-up to the Mustard algae shock level for 24 hours. You say the chemical levels are normal. What was used to determine that? Are you using a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006? Can you post a full set of readings? That would help.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Is this Mustard Algae?

Thanks Texas splash. i am using Taylor K-2006. i will try and post the numbers tonight.
    600 sq. ft. 18'3" X 40'0" 25K gal Gunite Pool
    1&1/2 HP pump, 48 S.F D.E filter, Polaris 360 cleaning robot