Should I keep adding R-0871 until??

Apr 26, 2015
Houston Texas
I just got my Taylor K – 2006c test kit a few days ago. Very impressive, but I do have a question about the chlorine test if I may. In step 2 they tell you to add 2 dippers of R0870 until the sample turns pink, and to add more if the color disappears. I'm guessing the goal here is to have the sample stay pink. In step 3 you add 0871 one drop at a time and swirl until the color changes from pink to colorless. My 25ml turned clear at 24 drops, however about 10 seconds later it started turning pink again so I added one more drop. Five drops later, it would still start to take on a pink tinge after about 10 seconds. Quite a bit lighter than before but still present. Should I keep adding drops until it stays clear or stop when it initially turns clear?

I just got my Taylor K – 2006c test kit a few days ago. Very impressive, but I do have a question about the chlorine test if I may. In step 2 they tell you to add 2 dippers of R0870 until the sample turns pink, and to add more if the color disappears. I'm guessing the goal here is to have the sample stay pink. In step 3 you add 0871 one drop at a time and swirl until the color changes from pink to colorless. My 25ml turned clear at 24 drops, however about 10 seconds later it started turning pink again so I added one more drop. Five drops later, it would still start to take on a pink tinge after about 10 seconds. Quite a bit lighter than before but still present. Should I keep adding drops until it stays clear or stop when it initially turns clear?
Congrats on your test kit!

Stop as soon as there is a color change. Most of us will add one more drop to verify that there is no additional change, then subtract that drop for the calculation.

Also,
It is fine to use the 10ml sample at 0.5ppm resolution, it's close enough for us & you will conserve reagents.

Dom

After you have completed the FC test, the solution will turn slightly pink again after it has sat for 10 or 15 seconds. So, when it goes clear with the last drop of regeant, then that is your FC.

Because the solution does go a bit pink again, it is important to do the CC test immediately after you complete the FC test.
I always have my R0003 with top off and ready....as soon as the test is clear, grab the 0003 and start the CC test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.