Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nothing but love!

1. Back To Top    #1

Nothing but love!

Hello all of you awesome people who make up the TFP forum!

I have been a lurker on this forum since 2011 when I purchased our first seasonal above ground pool. I am proud to say nothing from the pool store has ever been put into our pool, thanks to all of the advice I have technically stolen from everyone else's threads. I am 100% sure my husband turns red when I mention pool school in public lol.

I thought it was about time I started to engage and give back to this amazing online community. Thanks again everyone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MJ

Intex above ground 16'x48' Ultra frame (5,061 gallons)
    Intex Sand filter and Intex SWG. TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nothing but love!

BWaaaaahaa! Very nice MJ! Crystal clear water and nice feedback. We look forward to having you around more. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

This is truly the most welcoming and helpful forum I have had the pleasure to read. Thank you for the welcome Texas Splash.

MJ

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi MJ,
    welcome to TFP..... FINALLY! We're glad you eventually said hi!

great looking water you have there, and I see the quarter perfectly.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

That is one CLEAR pool! So tell me...........how do you do it?????? Test kit?? Bleach??? TFP reading??? OH yeah!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi kimkats,

Yay! I received my first replay from one of my favorite people onT FP You are always so helpful and caring.

I test my water every evening (and sometimes in the morning lol) with the FT-100 and I write them down in my pool notebook so that I can track any major changes and patterns.

If I need to make any adjustments I input everything into the pool calculator and go from there.

I have only used bleach, borax, baking soda and CYA (when needed) my TA and PH stay pretty stable. I also have a SWG that keeps my chlorine levels stable I usually just supplement with bleach when needed.

My current reading are:
    FC: 7 (I have a three year old I think she may pee in the pool a bit so I target a little high and we swim daily)
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.5
    CYA: 50 (salt water)
    TA: 80

My daughter also requires that we throw in a quarter everyday so that she can do her own pool test lol she reads if it lands on heads or tails but learning to read off the date.

MJ

7. Back To Top    #7

Great looking water marlajane...
    14,000 Gal IG Pool/500 Gal Attached Spa
    Pentair Whisperflow 1hp Single Speed Pump
    Sta-Rite Posi-Flo PTM-135 Cartridge Filter
    Hayward H400 Natural Gas Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Marlajane View Post

My daughter also requires that we throw in a quarter everyday so that she can do her own pool test lol she reads if it lands on heads or tails but learning to read off the date.
    Now THAT is the best test ever! Be still my heart!

HUGS to you and the cutest tester and the kitty in the pic!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to TFP! Now that's some crystal clear water!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.