Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy from Farmer John

1. Back To Top    #1

Howdy from Farmer John

We got a pool in 2005 after having a hottub for several years. I obediently followed the pool stores' and pool builder's recommendations for several troublesome years. Being a manufacturing engineer by trade told me that there was NO WAY this was the right way to handle pools. Searching online led me to Trouble Free Pools and I've never looked back at the old ways except in disgust . I still have $60 of algae killer that was never needed after I made the switch to TFP's methods

I hadn't been on the site for a bit and see that there are some new developments regarding chlorine levels and CYA. Interestingly enough, that is related to my original problem that led me to this site - the only one in English that dared to actually figure this stuff out and make it publicly available.

Suggestion: Can TFP take on the US govt so we can make it work as intended? It seems to be filled with all sorts of pool store salesperson attitudes and behavior

Anyway, it's almost time to go jump into my crystal clear and Trouble Free Pool. Thanx again!
    16K gal w/ 7ft. spa, plaster, Jandy CS200 cartridge, Waterway 2hp pump, Raypak P-R405BL heater, Polaris 280 w/pump, retired Nature2
    Magical 2ft wide waterfall cascading over a built-in bench seat with the lawn boy's name on it

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Howdy from Farmer John

LOL HI! I love our pic! Purrrfect!

TFP is the ONLY reason I even have a pool!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Howdy from Farmer John

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!