We have a two year old remodeled pool;
green for thirteen days
I live in Phoenix btw....temps have been above 100 for well over two months. My husband normally takes care of the pool. We are having a pool party for our son's birthday this Saturday 7/18 and need a clear pool.
He shocked it on the first day of noticing green. It got worse. The pool store said our water chemistry was fine. Shocked it again. It started to clear up then it got worse. Then I took over. I put 4# Yellow Gone into it Monday night. Nothing. Tested water here, everything still looked good. Tuesday I put 14# shock into it. Took sample to pool store they said LOW chlorine levels....they recommended ash, algeacide, more shock....I thought, no not taking their advice. So I researched:
And I found out not to listen to pool store people because they just want to sell you junk. Everyone I have spoken with says liquid chlorine.....liquid chlorine LOTS of liquid chlorine. So last night I went and bought 12 gallona and dumped in 10. IT Is STILL GREEN.
My husband just opened the filter and the sand is gorgeous. ....the guy who redid our pool just said to lower the phosphates. I have GOT to get this pool clear by Saturday.....we have been trying for over a week. Someone please tell me what the is wrong here??????