Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Mineral Springs (Aquarite) SWG Thermistor buring out frequently

1. Back To Top    #1

Mineral Springs (Aquarite) SWG Thermistor buring out frequently

I am on my second board for the Mineral Springs SWG, which as I understand, is an Aquarite (Goldline) re-branded product. I replaced the board last year because the previous one burnt out and replacing the Termistor did not solve the problem. Now, the Thermistor has fried again after 2-1/2 months of service this year. I'd like to know if anyone has an idea why this keeps happening and if there is anything I can do to prevent the issue. In this case, it burnt out after I performed a routine cleaning of the filter cartridge and Hayward t-15 salt cell. I am turning power off at the main breaker while performing the cleaning. Any ideas?
    Pool is an in-ground 25,000 pool with a Vinyl Liner installed in 2007. A Mineral Springs (Hayward Goldline) saltwater chlorine generator is installed along with a Polaris pool cleaner and an automatic cover.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mineral Springs (Aquarite) SWG Thermistor buring out frequently

Sorry you haven't had replies. Try posting in the SWG subforum - your question will get more views.

Salt Water Chlorine Generators (SWG))
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Mineral Springs (Aquarite) SWG Thermistor buring out frequently

Thanks for the advice.

Pool is an in-ground 25,000 pool with a Vinyl Liner installed in 2007. A Mineral Springs (Hayward Goldline) saltwater chlorine generator is installed along with a Polaris pool cleaner and an automatic cover.