How to setup Jandy One Touch cleaner

Jul 15, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Hi TFP, I recently moved into a home with a pool and you have been a huge help getting myself started! But I finally hit a wall and I am not sure how to proceed.

My home has a Jandy One Touch system installed and most of the functions seem to have been properly setup. But I am not sure how to use the "cleaner mode" that the previous owner had configured. They left behind some crude drawings which helped me in the beginning, and I went ahead and drew a diagram of my pump setup. I have a Jandy Ray Vac which isn't that great, but I cant afford anything better right now. The pool is a 27,000 gallon plaster pool. It has 4 pool returns: 1 in the deep end for the cleaner only, 2 right next to each other in the shallow, and a spa return. I can turn the deep end and spa return on/off using the valves below.

cleaner_mode.jpg

The instructions that they left me were:
1) Connect RayVac to cleaner port in pool
2) Put pool into filter mode
3) Adjust valve after the pump (#4) until the gauge on the Jandy Energy Filter reads 20psi

But it seems strange that there is a Jandy controlled valve (#5) inline with the Jandy Energy Filter.
- What is its purpose if I need to adjust the valve ahead (#4) of it to the proper pressure?
- Is it safe to adjust the valve after the pump (#4) so that the JEF reads 20psi, and then leave Valve #4 in that position and use the electronic valve (#5) to open/close the cleaner outlet?
- Why would they have built the pool with the only deep end return being pre-filter?

My goal is to leave the Ray Vac in on the week days and run it for 2-3 hrs every other day.

Attachments

• cleaner_mode.jpg
    cleaner_mode.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.