separate cyliders for FC vs TA/CH

bkfamily1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2013
North Canton, OH
Why does the TF100 come with a cylinder for chlorine only?

I am ordering a sample sizer, and it says it works with the Taylor cylinders, not the ones that come with the TF100. I am also ordering a speed stirrer which comes with one cylinder. Do I need a second Taylor cylinder so I can continue to separate the chlorine testing from the alkalinity and calcium testing?

also what is the $ limit for free shipping on TFTestKits.net?

If you use the sample sizer, you ought to have a second cylinder. I don't bother with my sizer. I think it was a waste of money. The speedstir wasn't, nor were the extra stirbars. I use the original two cylinders for FC and TA, the one that came with the speedstir for CH, and the mixing bottle for CYA. They all fit on the speedstir and with 4 stirbars, I can run every test before I have to wash dishes. If the free shipping offer is still on, I believe it's $80.

My chlorine test cylinder is already cloudy after less than 1 year. Also, I have used a cylinder on the speedstir to mix the CYA test sample...not a good idea, that stuff makes a mess of the clear cylinders!

Because the chlorine test can slowly discolor the cylinder. Although you can clean it occasionally with diluted muriatic acid.

I think I recall in another thread where someone mentioned using a 3:1 dilution ratio. If I use Muriatic Acid, is it best to use the diluted mix and let the Taylor vial sit for a few minutes to wait for the cloudy stain to dissipate?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.