Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from michigan!

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile Hello from michigan!

Hello I just joined I am a new pool owner of a 16x32 foot inground vinyl lined pool. I just recently bought the home with a pool that was not in working order and have been slowly getting it back into shape. The house was a short sale that was not taken very good care of for the last few years. the pool sat with holes in the liner. Basically a swamp frog filled hole in the ground but I have turned it around. The pool probably sat for a few years not being used actually had to cut the padlock off due to it being rusted shut. overall the pool was in rough shape the biggest issues I found was the filter, diving board, and liner was shot. I pressure checked the underground lines they passed the check. I have recently changed the liner put in a new filter and all new faceplates on the pool inlets light and skimmer. its been a long few months of work figuring out what was needed and getting it done but it will be worth it to come home and relax in and around the pool whenever I want. I found this forum doing a internet search for pool water care and chemicals. I have been reading through the threads and the "Pool School" Great stuff on here thanks to im sure the great people that enjoy sharing their expertise and experiences with pools. I wish I would of found this site months ago. The liner install went well after the proper planning and making sure I had everything on hand I thought I might need. Glad I have somewhere I can ask and read about problems or even pool equipment before I spend hard earned money on things. Thanks I hope I can add input to the forum that someone someday would consider helpful.
    inground 16'x32' 8 foot deep end, hayward skimmer, EC65-A de filter hayward, vinyl liner, 1hp jacuzzi magnum pump, fiberglass side steps, 23,000 gallon

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from michigan!

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the pool. Thanks for sharing that great story.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome from a neighbor just down the road!
    22k gal, IG plaster pool, 1/2 hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump (P6E6C-204L), Sand Dollar Cristal-Flo 300# sand filter (CFII24), RayPak NG heater (P-R266A-MN-C), AquaRite T-15 SWG, Intermatic Hydro-King (T104P201), Aquabot Xtreme, Taylor K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the site. Glad to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!