Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Variable pump Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Variable pump Question

What is the purpose of a variable pump. I'm trying to understand my new build better. While dealing with some deck drain issues with the builder. I have questions about how it works with my cleaner mode pool mode on n running my water feature without putting the strain on my skimmer. Noticed one day with vacuum out n running at cleaner speed.Skimmer ran low an let air in at times. And I filled pool with more water more than recommended. Thanks for all n any input.
    17k g, IG free formed, plaster/bella blue,varaible pump, cartridge filter, with water feature.New build 6/17/15 builder set start up and pump filter cleaning time. Runs 12am-2am clean cycle runs 2750 rpms n from 2am-8am 1200 rpms

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Variable pump Question

Unfortunately, this is a downside of having to power a cleaner, but you do have to make sure water level is good. Not much else I can suggest, I'm sorry.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

But is it to run 2 or 3 separate speeds. So I can have a set rpm for pool mode, cleaner, and when I need a lil higher than 1200 rpm to run my sheer wall feature please any feed back
    17k g, IG free formed, plaster/bella blue,varaible pump, cartridge filter, with water feature.New build 6/17/15 builder set start up and pump filter cleaning time. Runs 12am-2am clean cycle runs 2750 rpms n from 2am-8am 1200 rpms

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have deep end suctions to the pump? If so are they controlled by separate valves. If so you can open up on the deep end suctions more to pull more water from bottom of the pool.
    15x36 Gunite w/Diamond Brite(Bahama Breeze plaster), 3.5-6', Pentair Easytouch Automation panel, Pentair 3HP VS pump, Pentair CNC 420 filter, Pentair 5G color changing light, Polaris 360 cleaner w/booster, Pentair IC-20 SWG
    My pool build
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ales-Louisiana

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks I got all the info I wanted to set 3 speeds and I did hooking my device, pump to my #1 aux. Thanks again