Jul 7, 2014
atco/nj
Let me start off with my test results.
FC 5
CC 0
CYA 25-30
PH 7.4
TA 100
I go out today and there is visible algae on the walls and floor of the pool. I always dose chlorine to about 8 and it drops to around 5 in two days. My target FC is 4. It never goes below that. I have no idea how algae is growing. I test my water every other day. It never shows any CCs. I am conpletely stumped as to how this happened. I did lose power for a week a couple weeks ago but i kept the chlorine high around 8-10, brushed the pool daily and made the family get in daily to move the water around. Again, never registered any CCs in the water. Circulation looks good as I watched a leaf floating near the bottom and it was moving all over. How is this possible?
Does a solar cover promote the algae growth? You guys always said if you keep the chlorine levels right algae cant grow.

Very likely you have some areas of poor circulation so the algae doesn't get into the "mainstream" of chlorinated water.
You guys always said if you keep the chlorine levels right algae cant grow.
Still true. Somehow, sometime and someplace(s) chlorine got too low and algae got as foot hold.

Bummer! Yes, looks like you are doing all the right things. What about brushing? Check behind the light if you have one. It is possible to have localized areas with low FC, that is why brushing is important.

I keep mins pointed more up to skim. We have lots of trees and try to keep debris skimmed. Have suction set to about 80% skimmer and 20% bottom drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.