Just re-installed an above ground

Jul 14, 2015
Omaha/NE
Hello Everyone,

The pool we reinstalled we took down two years ago and just had installed at our new property. It has been 2 long years without a pool :(
Our new test kit is being shipped and should be here Thursday. After reading many post I found a new Taylor 2006 kit on sale so I ordered it today. The pool went up on Sunday, brand new liner, and finished filling today. We took a sample to Leslies to just see where we were at straight out of the tap. The readings were

FC 1
PH 9
CYA 10
TA 80
CH 350

I have already played around with pool math calculator, so will be picking up bleach, muriatic acid, and the stabilizer tomorrow morning.

My first question is....do these numbers seem right, straight out of the faucet for city water? I was surprised how high the PH AND CH were. According to leslies the only thing we need to get was stabilizer and ph down and everything else was ok.

My second question. IF I test on Thursday and get the same type of readings, should I worry about getting the PH down before adding bleach to get the FC up. I understand that the CYA level needs to come up at well otherwise the sun will just gobble up all the chlorine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. We only have a short time to enjoy it before it is closing time here in Nebraska. :)

Thanks,

Becky

Welcome to TFP!

No, they probably aren't right. Your water for sure doesn't have CYA in it, and more than likely it doesn't have any free chlorine. Maybe some CC, which is intentional. I suspect that they failed on the pH test as well.