Correct actions?

DATKAT

Jul 14, 2015
El Cajon, CA
Hi,
New to this. Been lurking and studying for some time. Frankly embarrassed that I have owned pools for so long and have known so little. After too many battles with my pool, I am committed to getting this right.

Results;
FC - 1.4
PH - 7.6
TA - 140
CH - 290
CYA - <30

After the most recent battle, I dumped most the water last week. The CYA was off the charts and the local pool store is making its profit margins off of CYA reducer chemical (doesn't work) and other potions.

I have read enough to know the FC is way too low and will get more chlorine in. Poolmath (great webpage) is suggesting 7 lbs 8 oz of stabilizer. Oh, the horror of CYA first too high and now too low. Looks like the ABC's suggest purchasing solid stabilizer or conditioner and putting it into the skimmer? Is this the correct action?

Thank you in advance.

Lots of Cali folks here to give you a better idea on cya levels, but I'd say 40 to 50. Granulated from Walmart is just fine in a knee high in the skimmer. Just don't clog it! Keep your FC MINIMUM in line with the chlorine/cya chart till you get a handle on how much FC you lose daily. Make your target whatever it needs to be to compensate for daily loss. Welcome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.