Pool Pilot changes salt calibration

bpricedo

Silver Supporter
May 20, 2012
Yesterday I had a low salt reading and purifier was off on my Pool Pilot. I had just tested the salt 2 days before with a Taylor drop kit and it was 3600. Calibration setting was 1900. I increased this to 2900 (highest it would allow me to go). Later, I decided to clean cell as I had never done this and pool is 3 years old. Cell looked clean but I went ahead, cleaned it and reinstalled. When I turned power back on calibration was off again and I was able to reset it exactly to amount tested (I was not limited to 1000ppm limit for some reason). Today after work I go check on it and sure enough, low salt, purifier not running. Check calibration and it is at 2200. I tested salt again and get 3400. I reset calibration again. What could make the unit change calibration settings? Power interruption? The power has gone off before and never had issues.

Just checked it again after work, showing 3320 on salt and working fine. Very weird but maybe just a glitch, gremlin, demon possession? Who knows. As long as it stays working from now on.

You're welcome! It may be a loose tri-sensor cord connection. Inspect your tri-sensor cord for any nicks or cuts in the wire jacket (such as with a weedeater cutting it). If it's an older tri-sensor and separate cord, make sure there's not corrosion in the connector that mates the two.

I inspected all of the cords when I cleaned the cell and everything looks good. It does not have a connection at the tri sensor. Does the sensor need to be cleaned like the cell?

I sent you a PM on something unrelated to this thread (looking for info on King-Fin brush). I apologize for posting this notice here, but I figured you were probably subscribed to this thread you started, and more likely to get this notification. I'm not sure if the system sends email notifications of PM's, and we don't all log on this forum every day :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.