New Owner First Time Poster

I don't know what type of pool you have, but vinyl liner could be mold underneath. Plaster pool could be black algae. Neither one of those will just brush up. Black algae looks likesmall black spots and can be treated with copper algaecide. I dot know what to suggest if it's mold under a liner.

I am new to this pool stuff. On the bottom of the deep end, there is a black dirty area that just appeared in the last week. It wont vacuum up or wont even brush. Has anyone experienced this and if yes, what do I need to do?
Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Have you tested the water and can you provide a set of test results?

I don't know what type of pool you have, but vinyl liner could be mold underneath. Plaster pool could be black algae. Neither one of those will just brush up. Black algae looks likesmall black spots and can be treated with copper algaecide. I dot know what to suggest if it's mold under a liner.
We generally do not subscribe to treating any type of algae with algecide, especially a copper based algecide. Black algae can be treqated with chlorine and elbow grease following this article

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.