georgiadawg

Jul 15, 2014
Eastanollee GA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hi, we are leaving for the beach for a week soon. We are covering the pool. As long as all my levels are good, do I turn off the SWS or leave it on while we're gone? We are leaving the pump running because you can't put it on a timer. It is one of those you have to manually turn back on if it gets turned off.

No. Out in the boonies. No close neighbors or friends, family I could ask.

- - - Updated - - -

So. Tomorrow, take the FC to 31. Cover it. Leave pump running and SWS OFF, correct? Just curious....right now my FC is about 10 (had to raise it slightly after heavy storms and lot of debris). Is that not sufficient if the pool is covered? Will the FC break down that much with no sunlight?

So. Tomorrow, take the FC to 31. Cover it. Leave pump running and SWS OFF, correct? Just curious....right now my FC is about 10 (had to raise it slightly after heavy storms and lot of debris). Is that not sufficient if the pool is covered? Will the FC break down that much with no sunlight?

Its just better to take it up higher, in case of any delays getting home or something getting in under the cover.... a little more protection, capisce?
When you come home the FC will have dropped some, but just taking the cover off and exposing it to sunlight will aid in bringing it down again. You can swim up to SLAM level so no delays there....
Have a great Vacay! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.