Well Water

Apr 24, 2015
Chesapeake/ Virginia
Long story short I have drained too much water out of my pool after a storm. I have well water but have been previously filling it up with a contraption from my laundry utility sink.
I want to use the well water. I know about the metals but want to know how to combat the problem.
I know this is less than ideal but want to be able to just hook up the hose to the spigot and go. Thanks for the lessons or a link. :)

Well water certainly can present some challenges. Have you already seen this page:Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains

Some of the readers may be curious to know if you have any reports from your local water authorities on what the metals content might be for your ground/well water. The amount of iron for example may dictate the best way to manage (i.e. sequetrant, paper towels in skimmer, etc). This topic pops-up frequently, so you can expect many replies from the experts I'm sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.