Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: where woud I be able to find manuals on proline pool pumps?

1. Back To Top    #1

where woud I be able to find manuals on proline pool pumps?

This is for an above ground pool. The model number is SD-20-2?11vd. I googled proline, but I dont seem to get a hit on a manufacturer!

thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: where woud I be able to find manuals on proline pool pumps?

I believe that part number (Pump Model SD-20-2N11CD) is for a Waterway pump. At least that's what I keep pulling-up when I search, but I can't pull-up the exact manual.

Waterway Pump Model SD-20-2N-11CD Rebuild Kit | WETHEAD Pump Repair Supply
    Instruction Manuals
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

IMG_1634.jpg

heres a pic of the pump label

4. Back To Top    #4

wow, picture looks a lot clearer on my phone!

5. Back To Top    #5

Proline is a wholesale distributor and doesn't make pumps. They just slapped their label on it. Backup in the picture so we can see the whole pump.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

How do you attach a photo from your phone?

7. Back To Top    #7

well i've tried, but no matter the size of the image, I keep getting the message that I've exceeded the size alotement by 17kb. this is a 48.5kb sized picture!!!

8. Back To Top    #8

This might help:

Posting Photo's Tutorial
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Last edited by askinstuff; 07-16-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: wrong picture posted

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

Proline is basically a house brand name. Several companies use the same wet end. Waterway is one of them. Doughboy is bad about that. If something breaks the customer has a hard time getting information and ends up getting a DB branded part. Why do you need the manual. Not much too them and the rebuild kit. The motor should be standard AO Smith.

17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

12. Back To Top    #12

Well, this is not a new pool system. and I'm new to pools. Was just trying to get info on the pump and filter so I know i'm starting up/closing system correctly. It is also a 2 speed, but I dont know exactly what that means. are both speeds 2 hp, or is the slower speed a slower HP? its a 12,000gal oval pool, which speed should I be using? figured the manual maybe mention some of that.

If any of you could answer some of those questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

13. Back To Top    #13

Mas985, Here an overview image of it btw

14. Back To Top    #14

Well, this is not a new pool system. and I'm new to pools. Was just trying to get info on the pump and filter so I know i'm starting up/closing system correctly. It is also a 2 speed, but I dont know exactly what that means. are both speeds 2 hp, or is the slower speed a slower HP? its a 12,000gal oval pool, which speed should I be using? figured the manual maybe mention some of that.
    Low speed is half the flow rate of high speed but about 1/4th the energy use (1/8th BHP) so pretty good energy savings. Use low speed when you can and only high speed when you need to (vacuuming, spring clean up, etc).
    Mark

15. Back To Top    #15

ok, stupid question wh tis BHP? anothe question along the same, I was looking at possibly trying a "solar pool heater'. most of those seem to cap the hp to 1 hp, otherwiser a diverter valve is recommended. Wouth the low speed stay under the 2hp? thanks

16. Back To Top    #16

BHP = brake HP = the horsepower required to spin the impeller at a specific RPM. So while the required BHP is 1/8th of high speed, the electrical energy is 1/4th of high speed because efficiency in the low speed winding is about half that of the high speed winding.

most of those seem to cap the hp to 1 hp, otherwiser a diverter valve is recommended. Wouth the low speed stay under the 2hp? thanks
    I don't understand what you are asking here. Don't be concerned with HP, it is a very poor predictor of performance.
    Mark

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    I don't understand what you are asking here. Don't be concerned with HP, it is a very poor predictor of performance.
    Meaning that when I've looked at the solar coil heaters, quite a few of them seem to be concerned about too high of HP (usually seems anything over 1HP) would damage the heaters. ( I'm assuming busting the pipes since thats all these heaters are)

18. Back To Top    #18

Do you have an example of this warning? Normally this shouldn't be an issue and can mitigated by other factors.
    Mark