PH: 7.5
    FC: 27.5
    CC: 0.0
    CH: 250
    TA: 80
    CYA: 70
    Borates: 40
    Salt: 3200

From what I've read, and the Pool Calculator, I do nothing at this point. Is that correct? I just wait for the FC to fall on it's own? Do I leave the SWG off until FC gets into a more normal range? Should I still be testing daily if it passed the overnight test? Or can I go back to a weely routine?

On the one hand, I feel empowered having completed my first "go round" self-testing and SLAMing. But, that FC number is a little scary.

Thanks,
    32,500 Gal. IG Vinyl Pool, DE Filter, 2 Hp Haywood Pump, Booster Pump for Polaris, Biogard SWG. TF-100 Test Kit w/ Supplemental Borate Test Strips.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: After the Slam

Let the FC fall normally. You should still test FC every day until the it comes down to single digits. Then you should turn on the SWG and start determining your cell output % versus pump run time in order to keep your FC at the recommended level for you CYA. Once you get your FC to hold at 3-5 FC using only your SWG, then you can go to testing only with your K-1000 color comparison TC and pH testing. But even that should be done daily until you're very comfortable with things, then at least every other day. You worked hard to get the pool clear, no sense not investing 10 minutes a day (usually less) to make sure your chemistry is good. Then I'd still do FC/CC and TA every week with drop based testing.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: After the Slam

Thank you. It's coming down very slowly, which I guess is a good thing.
    32,500 Gal. IG Vinyl Pool, DE Filter, 2 Hp Haywood Pump, Booster Pump for Polaris, Biogard SWG. TF-100 Test Kit w/ Supplemental Borate Test Strips.