Leak problems

Jul 14, 2014
Niverville, NY
Hi Everyone,

I've been plagued with a leak in my pool. We've been doing the bucket test and have determined that the leak needs to be somewhere in the plumbing based on these facts:
  • Leak is negligible when pump isn't running
  • No water is apparent near the filter or filter connections
  • Leak is not in the skimmer as it continues when vacuum hose is hooked up

Since it seems to be in the plumbing, I'm not sure that I can do anything regarding a dye test.

Any other ideas for troublshooting, or do I need to find a pool company? We just bought the house last year and don't know any companies in the area.

Thanks!
Jake

Assumption #1: Your plumbing is in the ground between the equipment pad and the pool, if you have several valves on your returns you can try to isolate which return is leaking. A pic of your pad might help us to help you a bit better.

If you are able to isolate the problem to one line, that will reduce the amount of digging you'll have to do.

Assumption #2: You have a concrete deck around your pool. If this is the case, we can only hope the leak is not under the concrete. If it is, your best option is to find a local plumber to repair/replace the leaking pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.