Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC60 Flashing Red/Green Lights on Salt, No Cell Light

1. Back To Top    #1

IC60 Flashing Red/Green Lights on Salt, No Cell Light

Good Morning! This is my first post and I am only half way through my first cup of coffee so bear with me! I have an IG Pool with a IntelliCholr (IC60) SWG. Starting yesterday the indicator lights on the control panel were flashing from red to green on the salt level indicators. It is accompanied by a red flow light as well as no light on the cell indicator. have n This is only my second summer managing the pool on my own. The first summer, we got by with a prayer, and some help from the local pool company. I believe we had the red no flow light last year when our salt was low, but I can't recall. We added 2 bags of the granule water softening salt last week and another 3 last night. I believe I read on here or another forum that you can use the blue bags of water softener salt. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Testing the water with a Taylor 2006 kit, I believe all my numbers are within normal range

pH: 7.2
    FC: 3.8
    CC: 0
    TA: 100-110 (it was red at 100, but not like RED, RED)
    CH: 120
    CYA: 50
    Salinity Index: 0.5

Pool Specs:
    36,000 gal IG vinyl pool built in March 2003
    Intellichlor IC60 SWG
    Tagelus Sand Filter
    Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Century Centurion - Back up pump
    Cover Star Auto Cover
    Amerilite Underwater Light
    Intermatic Manual Timer

36k, IG vinyl, Tagelus sand filter, 1.5 hp Pentair Challenger pump, built 3/2003, Intellichlor SWG 7/2012 in South Central KS
    Dolphin Diagnostic Cleaner, Taylor 2006 test kit & K-1766 Sodium Chloride test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Bedford, TX

Re: IC60 Flashing Red/Green Lights on Salt, No Cell Light

Inside the cell is a flow switch. Kind of looks like the thing hanging down in the back of your throat. Either the flow switch is bad/not working or you don't have enough water flowing through the cell. Either way, I would not worry about the other lights until the flow indicator starts working. If you have good water flow coming out of your return eyeballs, then most likely it is a bad flow switch. If you have very weak water flow from your return eyeballs, then most likely your filter is dirty. If you think it is the flow switch, then remove the cell and look inside and see what you can see. The flow switch should move freely. May as well clean the cell and try it again. If still bad, I believe that you can get just the flow switch off the internet.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP5200 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.