Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Klean-Strip Green Safer Muriatic Acid

1. Back To Top    #1

Klean-Strip Green Safer Muriatic Acid

Hi,
    Does anyone know if it is ok to use "Klean-Strip Green Safer Muriatic Acid" to lower pH? This is available at Home Depot. I know I can, but are there "fillers" in it that I'd not want in the pool? Here is the MSDS:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdf...9abf30f5c6.pdf

Thanks,
    Doug
    13,500 Gallon Gunite Aggregate Finish, DE, SWG, 2.0 HP pump, 1.0 HP pump for 3 Sheer Descents

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Klean-Strip Green Safer Muriatic Acid

You can but you will have to use more as it is not as strong as the regular stuff. Some people prefer it due to less fumes.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

From the labels, I assume that it takes 3 times as much of the "green" MA to accomplish the same job as the old school MA. They are priced, in my local store, exactly the same. Therefore the "green" stuff costs three times as much. Not good.

Actually, at my local store, Home Depot has stopped carrying the old school stuff and I've had to buy from Lowes.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you have breathing problems the "safe" stuff is a better bet to use.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit