pool leak

Jul 13, 2015
DELPHOS
I put my pool in last fall shortly after it was in i noticed that my pool seemed to be losing water. i checked my steps and my skimmers and my light but found no leak.

I was advised to winterize the pool and continue to fill pool during the winter. I kept a close eye on my water level and as i opened the pool up in the spring i noticed i lost no water. after dewinterizing my pool i continued to not lose water. after about three weeks of the pool being open my pool stared to lose water again. once again i checked steps lights etc and found nothing.

i blocked off my aqua genies and with the winter covers and marked the inside of the skimmer and the outside of the skimmer and no loss of water inside the skimmer but lost about 1/4" in the pool.

I was wondering if the pool liner was stretched to its max could it be losing water in the seams or is this unlikely?
How do you suggest to test for or recommend to test for a leak

Hello Mark and welcome to TFP. While you have taken steps on your own to find a suspected leak, perhaps this page will also help: Pool School - Leak Detection. Sometimes it's just one of those "process of elimination" things. Perhaps some other forum members will have a thought or two. Good luck, and have a nice day.