Help with Negative Voltage on T-Cell 15

Jul 13, 2015
Wellington, FL
Split by moderator from HERE. jblizzle

I am having the same problem with my new Hayward T-15 cell: high voltage, no amps, and a -0 total salinity reading that flips a couple hours later to proper volts, amps, and salinity. Lights are all good (power and generating). I tried the above steps and got the following reading:
OFF: 3400, 93, 32.8, 0, 70P, -0, r1.09
AUTO: 3400, 93, 24.7, 7.46, 53P, -3400, r1.09
OFF: 3400, 93, 33.0, 0, 53P, -0, r1.09
AUTO: 3400, 92, 24.6, 7.39, 53P, -3400, r1.09
We replaced a cell that had been bad since we bought the house 6 years ago. Box and panel equipment all look good inside. No burns or loose wiring on circuits. Any ideas?

If it works on one polarity but not the other, then it is probably one of the relays on the main board.

Most likely everything is fine. The numbers posted indicate that the system is working correctly on both polarities.

The system has a two hour cycle. Based on the set percentage, the unit will produce for that percentage of the two hour cycle and then turn off for the remainder of the cycle. Then the polarity reverses and a new two hour cycle begins.

For example, for a setting of 50 %, the unit will produce for one hour and then be off for one hour. Then back on for an hour and off for an hour.

During the off part of the cycle or when the switch is off, the volts will be 30 to 34, the amps will be zero and the instant salinity will be zero.

The negative sign in front of the instant salinity does not mean negative. It's just used to differentiate it from the average salinity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.