Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Contractor Replaced Pump, did he slightly unseat my ball valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Contractor Replaced Pump, did he slightly unseat my ball valve

My contractor installed a new pool pump, but I think he unseated the seat collar on my ball valve by a hair.

It leaks a drop of water every few seconds. See the drop at about 4 to 5 o'clock in the picture.

Should he undo the new pool pump and attempt to reseat?

20150713_212419.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg
    Trapezoid shaped pool, 27500 gallons, plaster, pool pump in basement, soon to be heated by combo solar pv/thermal system.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Contractor Replaced Pump, did he slightly unseat my ball valve

Can you give us a wider picture? Also looks like the ball valve might have Union connections. If so, have you tried tightening those up?
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

3. Back To Top    #3

I added a second photo to the original post. The white PVC is the existing PVC.
    Trapezoid shaped pool, 27500 gallons, plaster, pool pump in basement, soon to be heated by combo solar pv/thermal system.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

looks like it also a union turn off the pump, unscrew that union and lube it, and put it back together... should fix it
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **