Brand new Pentair Superflo VS 2.0 HP Pump and "Easy Touch" Panel not working. Help!

AmyJo

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2015
Atlanta, GA and St Croix USVI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Brand new Pentair Superflo VS 2.0 HP Pump and "Easy Touch" Panel not working. Help!

Well, I'm now told it is NOT an "Easy Touch" Panel, but a digital control panel. (I seriously should not be posting, as I'm only taking dictation here. Grrrrrrr). It's the reset button for the control panel/pump that we are seeking if anyone can advise! (How do I change the subject line?)

Hi - we discovered TFP several weeks ago and per your wonderful advice, had worked hard to turn our "green" pool around and were almost there when the original pump broke last week. Since then, we purchased a Pentair Superflo VS 2.0 HP Pump which was installed this past Saturday. Today when we came home, it wasn't working. The "Easy Touch" paneldoesn't work either. It worked fine for the past two days but it is now completely dark. The only light that is on is the power light - showing there is power to the pump.

My husband (the mechanical engineer who really needs to get his own account) wants to know if anyone knows if there is a reset button for the panel/pump? Is there an internal fuse for the low voltage? Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Amy

Last edited:
Re: Brand new Pentair Superflo VS 2.0 HP Pump and "Easy Touch" Panel not working. He

Amyjo,

If you are saying that when you press the menu button, then LCD panel does not light, then the first thing I would try is resetting the small black and white circuit breaker in the upper right corner of the panel. The one that is labeled "electronics" controls the power to run the main PCB inside the Easytouch.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "The only light that is on is the power light - showing there is power to the pump." Is this light on the pump or inside the easy touch? I'm not familiar with such a light???

Does your EasyTouch have an external GFI Receptacle mounted on the bottom right side? If so, depending on who wired it, it might be in the circuit providing AC power to the control transformer. Check to make sure it is reset.

Since you have some light, I assume the house circuit breaker, feeding your panel is ok, but I'd reset it anyway.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Re: Brand new Pentair Superflo VS 2.0 HP Pump and "Easy Touch" Panel not working. He

Hi Jim - first of all, it's just a digital control panel - not an "Easy Touch" panel.

The light is on the control panel in right hand corner. An LED light that that I am told shows that electricity is powered to the control panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Amy, I have the same exact problem you described on a pump that is only 2 months old. Did you find a solution to the issue please? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.