New Build - Denton Texas

May 14, 2015
Argyle Texas
Long time stalker of this site, and I figured I'd post some pictures of my build that just completed. Sorry in advance about the order of the pictures! The pool company is currently handling all of the start up, but I'll post my water quality in a bit. During the build we didn't really have any hangups, other than a slight delay caused by the massive rain.

On a side note, I have noticed a lot of mottling in our pebble tec finish - I tried to get it to show up on the pictures (you can see the brown on the sides while the pool is filling), but it's hard with the pump on full blast to get a steady shot. I realize the finish won't be perfect, because it consists of pebbles, but I'm slightly concerned about the brown spots all over the pool - it almost looks like certain areas got a ton of pebbles, and other areas got very few. The builder is going to get the plaster contractor back out here to look at it, but I'm guessing he's going to say it's normal. Anyone have similar issues? (I've searched the threads, and found a few post that indicate it might be an issue with how it was applied?)

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'll fill more in as I have time! It's always fun to move into a new house and build a pool at same time!

Pool Build by sukyle25 | Photobucket

I see what you are talking about. I have read many posts with this kind of stuff. It has to be put on by experienced people to get close to right.

What kind of start did they do? Did they acid wash it BEFORE they added water or will they add the acid after the water is in?

Kim

Kim,

Thanks for your fast reply - they did an acid start. We've been brushing 2x per day for a little over a week, and still no change. They just did another pool with the same color, so hopefully I'll have another to compare it to in person. Sadly I haven't really seen an easy fix to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.