I need serious help!

Jul 13, 2015
mena
I have the coleman metal frame 17 foot by 48 inches deep above ground pool. My pump went out and it took me a day or so to find a new replacement and while i was searching my pool got some algea in it so i went to the store and bought some hth algea guard and put the recomended dose in my pool, it turned the water a bright green and made the water cloudy as well and i have no clue how to fix this!!

Hi Ashley, and welcome to TFP. Simply put - you need two things right now .. The right test kit (see TF-100 link below) and you need to follow our SLAM procedure (link also below). You really need those two things right now, and you can't do one without the other. So if you can order the test kit and read the SLAM notes, you'll be armed to knock that green out of your pool. In the meantime, don't put any more pool store products in your pool. :) Maybe put about 1/2 gallon of regular bleach in your pool each night until you get the right kit and we can help you from there.

Welcome to TFP!

Hello Ashley and welcome to TFP,
For anyone here to help and give proper guidance, we need to know the results of your water chemistry. Do you have a test kit? If so, which one is it? What are the results of the complete set of tests? I'm not familiar with above ground pools, but many here are and more than willing to help. We just need to know more "facts" until we can give you the proper guidance. Also, please add to your signature line various information about your pool; look at other's signatures for an idea of what is needed.
Keep your posts coming and welcome!
Bill

Welcome! :wave:

Sadly, algaecides work okay as a preventative, but they do next to nothing to cure it. The EXACT HTH algaecide you added is important. I have been checking and some are copper based, which can make your pool Emerald Green and some are HEDP, which is better, and which means the green would be algae alone.

Your pool can;t look worse than some of these. Just do what they did.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.