New Above Ground Build Northern Virginia (Pics!)

Jun 16, 2015
Burke VA
Tomorrow is finally the day I've been waiting for. The contractor and my pool will be coming out. They said it will take the better part of one day to complete the build. I'll be posting throughout the day tomorrow to show progress. For now ill be showing some Before pictures. Also went to Wal-Mart today and loaded up on the essentials.

mNn6KZwm.jpg

CQBkwITm.jpg

The pool comes with a 2 foot deck around. After they are done, I will make additions to my deck to wrap it around the pool to have one large deck. The pool will go from a lil past the gazebo (towards neighbors house), to where the post is before it goes towards the house (near the double doors). If that makes any sense :confused:.
yWxKprRm.jpg

And the view from the deck

3yYtOCSm.jpg

If you look close enough you can see 4 sticks in the ground (that is the outline of the pool)

D6FvWmOm.jpg

Ready to rock N' roll. Everything minus the Listerine and hair product, those were for my wife but I digress.

They're dropping off the dirt dumpster tonight and gave very specific instructions that only dirt was allowed. Worried about the neighboors doing some spring cleaning while I'm asleep.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

9QNdOe5.jpg

Walls are up and sand is in.

c8eWwAt.jpg

Make sure sand is nice and smooth

CkG1CEC.jpg

Post for deck is up.

pUT0Y52.jpg

Vinyl liner down water being filled.

ZCq87Fx.jpg

Everything ready to go time to dive in

z3Ajcw0.jpg

Will post more pics later, time to go for a swim

Wow is right! Fast! No Fuss, no muss. What a sharp looking pool too. How was the swim? cold?

When are you building the decking to connect to the pool? Are you opening up the wall between the pool and deck, or are you going to build a walkway to the pool from the deck?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow is right! Fast! No Fuss, no muss. What a sharp looking pool too. How was the swim? cold?

When are you building the decking to connect to the pool? Are you opening up the wall between the pool and deck, or are you going to build a walkway to the pool from the deck?
The swim was great, it was a very fast build. Still plenty of swim season left too. Water was a bit cold but I didn't care out of excitement. The pool starts at 4ft and the deep end is 5 and a half. You can see in the before pictures my deck more clearly. I'll be taking off the railing from the pool closest to the deck and connect the entire length of the pool to the original neck. Total will be approximately 8 feet of extra deck from water edge to existing deck. Project will start right after the yard fence is up and the pesky county inspectors come out. Hopefully by next week. Will post more pictures of pool/deck with arrows showing up coming construction.

Your build is unbelievable, and I'm so jealous over the ease and speed of it! I've never heard of such a thing! You guys are having a great time with it, I'm sure. And it is so pretty. I love the liner - it looks like little stones on the bottom.

Let us know how the deck tie-in goes!
Suz.

Hey guys, just giving you a update, we have started the deck/patio/fence construction...pics are listed below (hopefully).

KnyiXhd.jpg

this is the picture of the existing deck, i'll be taking off those stairs, extending the deck to the end of the small concrete on the ground and bring the deck towards the pool.

down the hill from the pool and still in the backyard we have this concrete patio which at the time was nice, but its time for a upgrade so i decided to jack hammer it back to the concrete underworld and we will be laying down some stamp concrete. i tried using the jack hammer for 5 seconds but it gave me a headache so i let the professional get back to it. you can also kind of see in this picture the material for the fence on the top left. You can smell the cedar wood from down the street...

A0XYnKY.jpg

yay, finally all broken up, i realized after i started that the old concrete was actually 16 inches thick and maybe breaking it wasnt the best idea, i guess i could have just layed the stamp concrete on top, oh well too late for that now
SQbQpm3.jpg

Oh my goodness! That's so much work taking out the concrete. The stamped concrete will be great! Are you enlarging the area, also?

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm looking forward to seeing the new deck or porch area.
Suz.

Today is the tomorrow i was talking about yesterday.
As promised here are the pics with description.
If anyone has any suggestions i'd love to hear them.

SQj2HO6.jpg

View from when you leave out the house through the double doors.

pL1vpQL.jpg

View from other side of the yard facing towards the house.

jyLoZYf.jpg

There is about 8 feet between existing deck and pool deck..At first i thought i would take off the railing for the existing deck and the railing of the pool deck closest to the house. I would than have a step or two going down to the new deck but decided that since i have a 1 year old who is learning to walk there would be no protection if i turned my head for just a second and he jump into the pool. Perhaps im being over worrisome but i will leave the railing on the existing deck. I will take off the railing on the pool deck closest to the house though. I hope that makes sense :confused::confused:..

VKa2HkA.jpg

Just another view...DONT WORRY GUYS IM NOT USING THE FROGGER ON THE PUMP, ITS THERE ONLY IN CASE I GO ON VACATION! BBB FOR LIFE!!!!

KnyiXhd.jpg

I posted this picture yesterday but just pointing out that the deck will come out and wrap around the gazebo. It'll be about 5 more feet. I will than put a swing locking gate between the gazebo and new railing.

http://www.walkersconcrete.com/yaho...e__Seating_Walls_Cincinnati_095.233123929.JPG

This image does not belong to me, i stole it off google...Hopefully that's what my new stamp concrete deck will look like with a few alterations.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.