Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Above Ground Build Northern Virginia (Pics!)

1. Back To Top    #1

New Above Ground Build Northern Virginia (Pics!)

Tomorrow is finally the day I've been waiting for. The contractor and my pool will be coming out. They said it will take the better part of one day to complete the build. I'll be posting throughout the day tomorrow to show progress. For now ill be showing some Before pictures. Also went to Wal-Mart today and loaded up on the essentials.

The pool comes with a 2 foot deck around. After they are done, I will make additions to my deck to wrap it around the pool to have one large deck. The pool will go from a lil past the gazebo (towards neighbors house), to where the post is before it goes towards the house (near the double doors). If that makes any sense .

And the view from the deck

If you look close enough you can see 4 sticks in the ground (that is the outline of the pool)

Ready to rock N' roll. Everything minus the Listerine and hair product, those were for my wife but I digress.
    Above Ground Kayak Pool 12 x 24. 10,000 gallons.
    Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    sta-rite 27002-0100S filter
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Above Ground Build Northern Virginia (Pics!)

And a TF-100 to boot! Outstanding! Looking forward to many more pics as your project grows. Enjoy!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking forward to the pics!

Mr. Wolfe

4. Back To Top    #4

They're dropping off the dirt dumpster tonight and gave very specific instructions that only dirt was allowed. Worried about the neighboors doing some spring cleaning while I'm asleep.

Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool has arrived

Let the digging commence

Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I know you're excited! This sounds like a very quick build! Better for swimming quickly, right?!!!

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

Quick update, pool is finished and has been for some time now, they arrived at 8am, and everything was picked up. Cleaned, pump, water and they left at 3. Pics to follow soon

Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Walls are up and sand is in.

Make sure sand is nice and smooth

Post for deck is up.

Vinyl liner down water being filled.

Everything ready to go time to dive in

Will post more pics later, time to go for a swim

Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow!
    Intex Ultra 9'x18' AG, 2800 Gph .75hp pump, 77# sand filter, Intex ECO SWG, Hayward wide mouth skimmer, KK Lil Shark vacuum, Intex magnetic light, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

Wow is right! Fast! No Fuss, no muss. What a sharp looking pool too. How was the swim? cold?

When are you building the decking to connect to the pool? Are you opening up the wall between the pool and deck, or are you going to build a walkway to the pool from the deck?
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Ascew View Post
    Wow is right! Fast! No Fuss, no muss. What a sharp looking pool too. How was the swim? cold?

When are you building the decking to connect to the pool? Are you opening up the wall between the pool and deck, or are you going to build a walkway to the pool from the deck?
    The swim was great, it was a very fast build. Still plenty of swim season left too. Water was a bit cold but I didn't care out of excitement. The pool starts at 4ft and the deep end is 5 and a half. You can see in the before pictures my deck more clearly. I'll be taking off the railing from the pool closest to the deck and connect the entire length of the pool to the original neck. Total will be approximately 8 feet of extra deck from water edge to existing deck. Project will start right after the yard fence is up and the pesky county inspectors come out. Hopefully by next week. Will post more pictures of pool/deck with arrows showing up coming construction.

Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

12. Back To Top    #12

Very cool!
    Lomart 18x48 AGP 7000Gal
    Hayward S210T w/Hayward 1hp Power-Flo Matrix Pump 2-Speed
    TF-100 w/Speedstir!

13. Back To Top    #13

That is one neat looking pool! I love it! The time line! WOW!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Your build is unbelievable, and I'm so jealous over the ease and speed of it! I've never heard of such a thing! You guys are having a great time with it, I'm sure. And it is so pretty. I love the liner - it looks like little stones on the bottom.

Let us know how the deck tie-in goes!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

15. Back To Top    #15

Hey guys, just giving you a update, we have started the deck/patio/fence construction...pics are listed below (hopefully).

this is the picture of the existing deck, i'll be taking off those stairs, extending the deck to the end of the small concrete on the ground and bring the deck towards the pool.

down the hill from the pool and still in the backyard we have this concrete patio which at the time was nice, but its time for a upgrade so i decided to jack hammer it back to the concrete underworld and we will be laying down some stamp concrete. i tried using the jack hammer for 5 seconds but it gave me a headache so i let the professional get back to it. you can also kind of see in this picture the material for the fence on the top left. You can smell the cedar wood from down the street...

yay, finally all broken up, i realized after i started that the old concrete was actually 16 inches thick and maybe breaking it wasnt the best idea, i guess i could have just layed the stamp concrete on top, oh well too late for that now
    Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Oh my goodness! That's so much work taking out the concrete. The stamped concrete will be great! Are you enlarging the area, also?

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm looking forward to seeing the new deck or porch area.
    Suz.

17. Back To Top    #17

I will be making the patio area larger approx. 20 x 20 will also be adding a custom stone made bbq area. I'll take lots more pictures tomorrow to show you in more detail..

Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

18. Back To Top    #18

It is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Nice work and well thought out for the future!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

19. Back To Top    #19

Today is the tomorrow i was talking about yesterday.
    As promised here are the pics with description.
    If anyone has any suggestions i'd love to hear them.

View from when you leave out the house through the double doors.

View from other side of the yard facing towards the house.

There is about 8 feet between existing deck and pool deck..At first i thought i would take off the railing for the existing deck and the railing of the pool deck closest to the house. I would than have a step or two going down to the new deck but decided that since i have a 1 year old who is learning to walk there would be no protection if i turned my head for just a second and he jump into the pool. Perhaps im being over worrisome but i will leave the railing on the existing deck. I will take off the railing on the pool deck closest to the house though. I hope that makes sense ..

Just another view...DONT WORRY GUYS IM NOT USING THE FROGGER ON THE PUMP, ITS THERE ONLY IN CASE I GO ON VACATION! BBB FOR LIFE!!!!

I posted this picture yesterday but just pointing out that the deck will come out and wrap around the gazebo. It'll be about 5 more feet. I will than put a swing locking gate between the gazebo and new railing.

http://www.walkersconcrete.com/yahoo....233123929.JPG

This image does not belong to me, i stole it off google...Hopefully that's what my new stamp concrete deck will look like with a few alterations.
    Northern Virginia
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Sta-rite 1.5hp pump

20. Back To Top    #20

Love the stamped concrete!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast