Dolphin Deluxe 4 from Leslie's Pool Store

Sandman how do you like the Leslie's Deluxe 4? I'm in the market and have been undecided about the Leslie's Deluxe 4 vs something different through the internet... maybe Oasis Z5. The Leslie's purchase is appealing since the store is a few miles away from me and they service in house vs having to ship it if something goes wrong. Although to tell you the truth I feel like the Oasis Z5 seems like a better robot (has remote for example ..... or maybe its just the marketing). Any insight and observations on the Deluxe 4 so far would be appreciated. Thx!

Jarockster,

I like the robot but have some concern about it being an older model. Like you, I value being able to take the robot to a local Leslie's store for repair. I recently called Matronix and asked them about the Deluxe 4. The person I spoke to has worked for Maytronics for 20 years and was very knowledgable. He said the Deluxe 4 was a great and proven robotic cleaner. They stock parts for repair. He stressed the value of a 3 year warranty. He also responded to my concern about the cleaner being an old model. He said all Dolphin Robotic cleaners have the same suction rate, do great at cleaning floor, walls and tile line and all detect pool geometry for 20 minutes before getting into their cleaning cycle. He said it comes down to features like remote, bluetooth, color and ability to do zero turning if that's important for you. In the end he said the deluxe 4 was a great cleaner and I didn't get the feeling that a newer robot would do a better job cleaning my pool. So far I really like the robot and use it for weekend cleaning but still leverage my Kreepy Krauly (booster pump) for daily touch ups.

Leslie's is my goto pool supplier but they are wrong-headed about this. Once the iPhone 6 came out who ever wants to buy the iPhone 4? Or even the 5. I liked what I saw with the new S300i - and discovered with irritation that my local Leslie's store can't order it. I wound up ordering it from another local pool supplier.
Very expensive, and only a two year warranty, so I paid for it with a card that adds a year to the warranty. BTW, it is certain that Maytronics will not honor the warranty when purchased online. This is a very strange position to take in the age of mobile computing. Anyhow, I expect it to arrive this week. I'll post a YouTube video when I get it and another after a month or two of use.

Leslie's is my goto pool supplier but they are wrong-headed about this. Once the iPhone 6 came out who ever wants to buy the iPhone 4? Or even the 5. I liked what I saw with the new S300i - and discovered with irritation that my local Leslie's store can't order it. I wound up ordering it from another local pool supplier.
Very expensive, and only a two year warranty, so I paid for it with a card that adds a year to the warranty. BTW, it is certain that Maytronics will not honor the warranty when purchased online. This is a very strange position to take in the age of mobile computing. Anyhow, I expect it to arrive this week. I'll post a YouTube video when I get it and another after a month or two of use.
i can't comment on the robot, but just this week I bought a new iPhone 4S. Some people like what they like.

I didn't mean to suggest that Leslie Pool's Dolphin 4 isn't worthy of purchase, or the iPhone 4 for that matter. My point was to illustrate how poor it is that older models are the only choice available. I assume that the store that sold you your iPhone 4 also sells iPhone 6? They didn't have a special model made for their store of the iPhone 4 with a green case and sell only that to their customers?
I think that the Dolphin 4 will clean just as well as the 300i. But I also think that the s300i will be easier for the user to clean and operate, and has a better feature set. Otherwise there's no point in Maytronics making newer models.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.