Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loose flagstone

1. Back To Top    #1

Loose flagstone

I've read the old post about loose flagstone. I had my pool built 3 years ago and within the first year 40% of the cooping and top of jacuzzi flagstones came loose. I convinced the builder to come back and fix it, well they did and it looked worse. Today the stones they reset and many more are loose, a few on top of the jacuzzi I can just about lift off. So, i had a good friend who is a pool builder look at it and he said, it was done wrong and you shouldn't be having this problem. So, I have been reseaching ways and ideas of repairing it my self when I decided to send the builder an email explaining the situation. An old post from the this forum someone replied on this same problem, "call them out". I used to own a contruction company and when I would bring a problem up with my subs they would reply a lot of time, "its OK!" No its not ok, what happened to quality work these days? So, lts see how the builder replies! Thanks for this site!

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Loose flagstone

It's a shame, but there are those out there who want to charge a healthy fee for minimal work. Once they receive the $$, they're gone. We all have to be extremely careful anymore to ensure we're receiving quality work and products. Not like it was decades ago. I hope you receive a favorable reply from your installer. Have a nice day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!